Director, Customer Experience
As the Head of the North American Customer Experience team for the Harry’s brand, you’ll manage and lead one of the largest teams at Harry’s, ensuring that our customers have a great interaction and overall experience. You’ll establish operational strategy and goals, ensure we have clear and exciting development plans for our team, deliver established service expectations at a planned cost, and ensure that our customers’ trust and safety is secured. Just as importantly, you’ll manage and develop a team of high-performing associates, supervisors, and managers who are based in either our New York headquarters, or remotely throughout the Tri-State area.
About the Team
The Customer Experience Team serves as a direct bridge between the Harry's brand and the people who use our products. We strive to create effortless experiences for everyone who reaches out to our team, and we serve as an advocate for our customers in an effort to drive changes to the overall Harry’s experience. We bring the voice of the Harry's brand to our customers, and the voice of our customers to the broader Harry's team.
What You’ll Accomplish:
People management and leadership
- Lead and manage a dynamic team of 30-40 people, growing in line with our direct business
- Ensure that we establish an engaging, coaching-first environment
- Partner with the people team to set development plans for your direct reports (and create process for the rest of the team), doing so thoughtfully and humanistically
- Ensure the CX management team leads in accordance with the Harry’s Leadership Philosophy
- Continuously evaluate org structure to ensure the organization is working in the most efficient way possible to support our customers and our business
- Contribute to a fun, friendly work environment that’s aligned with Harry's values
- Assume accountability for the North American CX team, for the Harry’s brand
- Balance needs across quality, service delivery and the trust and safety of our customers
- Drive improvements to our workflows and processes in order to meet compelling SLAs and KPIs while driving costs down, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Direct and/or participate in planning activities related to the preparation of strategic plans, yearly goals, operating plans, budgets & forecasts, and associated hiring and staffing plans
- Partner with IT and other brands to establish roadmaps for key technology tools and systems
- Develop clear metrics and visibility into results against key priorities to ensure we have a solid understanding of individual customer and overall ROI.
- Align with leadership to stay ahead of business growth to ensure we are positioned for success.
- Track, analyze, report and improve upon performance data including cost, quality and service delivery metrics
- Offer structured analysis of customer contact data, and drive the use of that information to make improvements to the operation.
- Utilize contact analysis to make recommendations to further drive customer loyalty to the brand and improve the Harry's customer experience
This Is Probably You:
- You have great experience managing and developing managers -- you know how to motivate and get the best work out of everyone who works for you
- You take and give feedback incredibly well (directly and with empathy for the person); and are excited about developing, managing, and leading a multi-faceted team
- Lifelong learner who gets excited about building new processes and improving outdated ones -- you want to make everything better. You are up-to-date on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- You understand that the experience is everything, and find ways to work smarter so that our customers don’t have to
- Everything that comes your way is met with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business, and you’re able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once. You deliver on-time, every time.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills -- you’re able to perform data analysis using complex data sets.
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills -- you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.