At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for a dynamic, diversity, equity, and inclusion to lead our diversity, equity, and inclusion team through an exciting period of growth and beyond as we build a company for the ages. Working with the VP of DEI, Social Impact and Sustainability you will drive Justworks' DEI Strategy, ensure implementation and galvanize all Justworkers around one common purpose: to build a fearless workplace for all.
As the subject matter expert on DEI, you will ensure that we are at the cutting edge of diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. You have a passion for people and a commitment to building positive, inclusive cultures that engage all people. You use your acumen, leadership capabilities, and compassion to engage in your work. You have a knack for effective relationship-building and excellent communication skills, you and your team will serve as a trusted resource to ERGs, ERG leads, employees, managers, and leaders across the organization. Your personal and professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is evident in your experience and informs every decision you make.
As a leader at Justworks, you strike the balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your knowledge and expertise with your ability to pull up and help to set plans for the future. You thrive in an environment where trust, autonomy, and variety are the air you breathe and you are excited by solving one challenge after another in a fast-paced, growth-oriented business.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Work with leadership to develop and establish the values and key beliefs that define the Justworks brand and its constituents- employees, members, partners, and external organizations.
- Design and lead initiatives to build the Justworks culture; closely work with leadership to manage internal communications, organize events and campaigns to inspire employees and bring Justworks core values to life.
- Work with the People team to develop and implement strategies to meet established diversity & inclusion goals both within the organization and for the platform.
- Operates in partnership with the People team on areas such as L&D, career paths and compensation bands, hiring and performance management, employee engagement, development, and retention.
- Identify opportunities to gather and leverage data from across our internal and external communities, and implement processes to do so.
- Draw meaningful insights from data to build strategies, create narratives, and ultimately push solutions forward.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends in topics of culture and diversity and inclusiveness.
- Provide support to and lead DEI-related Internal communications in partnership with the Comms/Marketing/Brand team.
- Act as a catalyst for DEI engagements; spearhead initiatives and build buy-in within the executive team and The Wing team at large.
- Lead by example with empathy and compassion, exhibiting exceptional emotional intelligence, communication, and influencing skills.
- Collaborate openly across shared areas of ownership, and as appropriate share decision-making power with co-stakeholders.
- Build relationships across all functional areas including taking an active role in support and development of our ERGs.
- Seek out new areas for collaboration and partnership within our employee community, including our hourly team members.
- Leverage experience in facilitation and training/coaching, including designing and implementing L&D initiatives with a DEI lens.
- Create new connections as well as leverage existing relationships with other organizations, key figures, and thought leaders in the DEI landscape.
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Director, DEI, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 8 years of company culture, employer branding or human resources experience in a global, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Familiarity with key aspects of HR, including recruitment, employee relations, L&D and training.
- Good persuasive and communication skills, customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Exceptional EQ, blended with an analytic approach and skill in leveraging data to drive decisions and narratives
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and ability to interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven knowledge of event development, culture promotion, marketing concepts, brand strategy.
- Self-starting, resilient attitude with an ability to work cross-functionally and understand the mission and value of Justworks.
- High proactive style of work, with a demonstrated track record of developing innovative approaches and is inspired by a high-growth, fast-paced disruptor.
- Capable and eager to execute both strategically and tactically
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment