Director, Global Logistics
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We can deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 4 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The global Distribution & Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders.
About the Role
This individual is charged with developing and deploying a centralized, standardized, and globally optimized inbound and outbound logistics network in order to minimize total system cost and maximize profitability while delivering superior customer service. The position will require a full cross functional approach, developing plans and metrics that are aligned with business goals and objectives creating value for our customers.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage all global logistics activities aligned with business priorities and strategies
- Develop/implement process and system enhancements to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director, Global Distribution & Logistics to design and implement global logistics strategies for all global business entities
- Drive analytics to monitor logistics network performance and identify opportunities to minimize costs while maximizing service
- Interact with other functions, including business entity leaders, S&OP, distribution, manufacturing, and supply chain to develop targets and deliver target performance levels at the optimum overall costs
- Develop and maintain global transportation rules tariff(s), which includes terms governing service levels, rates, classifications, shipping rules, accessorial charges, and carrier practices
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with core providers to ensure outlined service requirements are being met
- Lead the development of RFI/RFPs across various modes of transportation on global lanes.
- Oversee all details relating to international transportation, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to logistics team with execution of projects; set performance goals and provide on-going coaching of team members to achieve career objectives; Cultivate a high-performance culture and ensure employee engagement is at peak levels
- Develop department performance metrics and communicate results to the organization
- Identify market trends and develop seasonal strategies to ensure adequate space availability and transit times for ocean, air, parcel and rail shipments
- Manage and prioritize all expedites and adhoc type requests from cross-functional teams
This should describe you:
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in global logistics and transportation.
- Excellent understanding of the concepts of business process measurement, including On Time shipment and delivery, carrier utilization, EDI messages, and lead time.
- Previous transportation strategic sourcing experience, encompassing multiple modes and sales channels. (Air, Ocean, Parcel, Rail, Expedited, and White Glove)
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, discipline mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations.
- Outstanding communication skills. Proven track record of effectively collaborating with supply chain functions and company stakeholders across the larger organization
- Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with local partners and service providers leading to outstanding performance.
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Sr.Director, Global Distribution & Logistics
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to supply chain, S&OP, finance, manufacturing,R&D, retail, and quality.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.