Director Health Informatics at Flatiron Health
We’re looking for a Director of Health Informatics to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll be responsible for the team developing and maintaining the data that powers OncoEMR and Flatiron’s suite of related products. Your contributions will help to accelerate Flatiron’s ability to develop data driven solutions for our customers.
This position will partner closely with Flatiron’s Clinical, Design, Engineering, and Product teams. You will identify new opportunities to improve how we capture and maintain data, and drive strategic design and development decisions to leverage healthcare data within clinical workflows, supporting interoperability and the proper life cycle of data. In addition, you will:
- Mentor team members in industry best practices of healthcare data to ensure effective adoption of practices across Flatiron products (e.g., approach to interoperability of data elements)
- Track upcoming regulatory requirements including ONC certification, communicate upcoming milestones, and lead strategically towards them
- Proactively identify and highlight opportunities for informatics involvement early in product development
- Operationalize informatics as a sustainable role within product development
- Maintain active involvement and work to establish Flatiron as a qualified contributor in industry groups (EHRA, AMIA, HL7, etc.) to identify emerging best practices and bring to Flatiron opportunities for transformative changes
The Health Informatics team is responsible for improving the integrity and use of patients’ health data with a focus on the point of care by leveraging and applying industry standards. Utilizing such standards, the team works from ingestion through the end-user experience to continuously advance the potential that Flatiron’s data has to become information.
Who You Are
You are an informaticist with a deep understanding of EHR development and certification, logical data modeling, and/or clinical decision support. You likely have a clinical background (Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, MD/DO, Pharm D, or RN) with strong technical ability. You are able to lead informatics and cross-functional teams to adopt best practices for creating and maintaining high-quality and high-integrity data. You have a passion for healthcare data, are kind and collaborative, and are excited by the chance to lead a team of informaticists.
- You have 5+ years of informatics experience with people management experience, preferably with an EHR background
- You have successfully led the informatics design and implementation of multi-domain health data applications
- You have formed successful partnerships with product and clinical leadership to build and implement effective healthcare IT products
- You are forward thinking - you can consume information to arrive at conclusions about what will be important in the future, and lay the groundwork to enable future opportunities
- You have a strong understanding of FHIR and other interoperability standards (including HL7 v2 and v3) and understand their impact on today’s healthcare landscape
- You have excellent command of technology to allow deep understanding of data
- You are self-motivated and able to identify areas of opportunity and deliver high-value contributions
- You possess a strong background in oncology data
- You have strong ties to industry informatics groups (AMIA, HL7, etc.)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You will be at the forefront of developing new and innovative technology with the goal of expanding personalized care to more patients, including access to both clinical trial opportunities and novel therapies.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.