Director, Information Security at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
We’re looking for a Director of Information Security to cultivate a culture of shared cyber risk ownership, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all corporate assets. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in all things security to our team. This is a strategic role that will be responsible for our information security policies and practices, governance and reporting, training and awareness, vulnerability and risk assessment and remediation, and business continuity.
You are in the driver’s seat, and will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to maintain a consistent security strategy and vision. An exceptional track record in security, privacy, communication, organization and technology are a must. Energy, enthusiasm, and readiness to take the bull by the horns also required.
What you will do:
- Refine our information security policies and practices to ensure consistent and high-quality information security management in support of the business goals
- Develop and execute on both tactical and strategic goals to drive a comprehensive and mature information security program
- Establish threat monitoring and alerting, and implement innovative countermeasures
- Establish and implement company-wide security standards
- Lead compliance efforts, such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001
- Present information on the latest security risks, technical strategy, and industry trends to the team and executive leadership
- Refine and execute the security awareness training program
- Partner across departments and functions to coordinate implementation of incident response plans, disaster recovery, data backup systems, and physical security
- Conduct regular security scans of systems, report on remediation work and related upgrades and implementations
- Champion DevSecOps and collaborate closely with the SRE team to establish security policies and requirements.
- Be the face of <intent>’s security program for clients and partners
- Minimum 10+ years of combined experience in information security, technology, risk management, and compliance.
- Must be passionate about technology and information security.
- Strong breadth of knowledge in various security solutions, such as AV, IPS, IDS, SIEM, VPN, DNS, firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Knowledge of internet technologies and good understanding of current encryption standards and implementations.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security best practices and tools such as security group management, developer account management, secure deployment models, IAM, etc.
- Experience securing SaaS running in a public cloud environment.
- Experience in working with various regulatory and statutory compliance frameworks, including SOC 2 and ISO 27001.
- Experience with the evaluation and adoption of information security frameworks.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity principles and practices.
- Exceptional communication skills and strong ability to collaborate amongst teams in all parts of the organization.
- Comfortable speaking as a security leader to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate security measures while maintaining the speed of delivery that is inherent in a fast-paced technology company.
- Must have a good understanding of current local, state, federal, and international privacy laws.
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!