Director, Logistics at Peloton
Seeking a forward-thinking, tenured Director of Logistics reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain Planning and Logistics. This position will be responsible for all “Middle Mile” logistics functions (from distribution to DC out to last mile delivery hubs across the US). The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate a Director Level ownership mentality and showcase a proven history of Development, Planning and Implementation of company goals and objectives. Must have thorough understanding of modal operations including Intermodal, FTL, LTL, Parcel, as well as extensive experience in developing a bulk storage and distribution center network. Additionally, the ideal candidate will distill logistics data into insightful business conclusions and recommendations.
This position will be based at Peloton HQ in New York.
- Management of the Middle Mile Logistics function:
- Ownership of middle mile logistics related goals and objectives.
- Develop and Maintain KPI’s for middle mile logistics in the US
- Management of all data sources including quality and accuracy. Be able to understand and clearly communicate data to all levels of the organization.
- Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies. (Mode optimization)
- Disseminate monthly carrier and 3PL scorecards and monitor overall performance against scorecard goals /expectations and driving to countermeasures.
- Own relationship and performance of 3PL network of distribution centers (parcel and bulk)
- Anticipate and Improve the transportation processes:
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Perform periodic review of delivery network to maximize proper utilization and reduce transportation costs.
- Increasing awareness of the cost and service impact of transportation on overall supply chain performance.
- Relentlessly combating freight rates and accessorial charges.
- Manage Lead time uncertainties and on-time delivery charges.
- Understanding of freight capacity constraints.
- Customer Focus:
- Understand and develop relationships with last mile operations to proactively mitigate customer delivery implications
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate business systems or processes globally.
- Have effective and honest communications with supporting facts with all internal functions
- Promote and facilitate the establishment of continuous improvement tools
- Identify mid to long term logistics needs to support the growth of the business, develop and implement new logistics models
- Collaborate with DC and last mile operations to drive efficiencies in middle mile and warehouse operations
- Bachelor’s degree required – Degree in Business Analytics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Min 10 year experience in a Logistics, with min 5 yrs at a Fortune 1000 company with a large distribution network
- Demonstrated experience (re)designing a logistics network for a company with growing logistics needs
- Demonstrated experience implementing TMS and leveraging load optimization to manage shipments
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.