Director of Operations
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Operations Team is a group of fast-moving and analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less and we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, and we are always in growth mode.
As a Director of Operations at theSkimm, you will be involved in all aspects of our business and your work will help us re-engineer and organize internal processes. Reporting to theSkimm’s Chief Operating Officer, you will help lead change-management projects, including organizational analysis, process analysis and other day-to-day work coming from our executive team to ensure we’re executing on plan. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good breadth of knowledge in business and the ability to consult with internal teams and stakeholders across the entire organization. As an operations leader, you will also be responsible for supporting our sales systems through analysis and operational projects, impacting internal sales process, pricing and inventory management.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 8+ years of experience with at least 2+ years of consulting experience
- Highly organized and a science-based approach to work - either applying data, quant or market intelligence when evaluating challenges or proposing solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects on your own
- Prior experience in a consulting position
- Very strong communicator
- Very high work-ethic
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- An MBA or equivalent education and experience
- Experience in digital media
- Experience in a highly executional or operational practice
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY