Director of Public Policy at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
The Director of Public Policy will join an accomplished team in a leadership role, helping us build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute a state and local government relations strategy to grow Rhino’s brand awareness and perception among stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within target markets and make Rhino part of the national conversation on housing policy and affordability.
- Represent Rhino in all interactions with elected officials, and government and agency officials.
- Work cross-functionally with Rhino’s leadership team, helping to develop public policy priorities that advance Rhino's operations and business interests.
- Track legislation relevant to Rhino at municipal, county, state and federal levels.
- Engage the executive team on various government relations efforts, keeping them up to date and involving them in decisions as appropriate.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 3-8 years of experience as a government staffer for a legislator (city council, state legislature), an aide to a mayor/governor, a legislative affairs agency, or in a policy role at a high-growth company.
- A gritty self-starter, who is a strong communicator and can build and execute on a government relations strategy.
- A strategic thinker that can map government relations planning to greater business objectives.
- Previous work in housing development, real estate or startups is a plus.