Director, Real Estate
Who we are:
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We’re seeking a collaborative, execution-oriented Director of Real Estate and Procurement to oversee and drive the development and launch of physical spaces that support our corporate teams and our clinical teams. The Director of Real Estate & Procurement will be responsible for overseeing Cityblock’s real estate strategy, including establishing design principles of physical spaces and managing the end-to-end process of launching new spaces. This leader will also oversee Cityblock’s procurement strategy, including sourcing materials, merchandise and supplies that are needed across Cityblock’s offices. The ideal candidate has real estate management, vendor contracting and operations supply chain experience. You will help frame the long-term strategy for Cityblock branded spaces, launch new office and clinic spaces, and create a strategic sourcing platform for Cityblock’s supplies vendors.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep real estate implementation and vendor management experience in a high growth company, are an amazing teammate, and are motivated to significantly drive change in the healthcare industry, then we want to hear from you!
- Serve as the primary project manager in launching new Cityblock spaces (e.g., clinics or hubs) in multiple markets, including oversight of the entire process from site selection to contracting, construction, and outfitting and ongoing upgrades or maintenance
- Identify, design, and implement new corporate (HQ) spaces as Cityblock continues to grow in size
- Work cross-functionally with clinical and operations teams to resolve risks and issues related to management of ongoing clinical and corporate spaces
- Partner with leadership to develop, and bring to life, a brand vision for Cityblock’s physical space design
- Establish and manage national, preferred vendor relationships that provide critical supplies (medical, operations) to each market
- Experiment, design, pilot, and launch new Cityblock space models that adapt to local characteristics and needs
- Collaborate closely with Finance to manage total capital spend around expansion projects
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in real estate development, engineering or architectural design, construction management, vendor management, project management, or a related field
- Proven success managing multi-market, end-to-end real estate implementations
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment with national expansion
- Proven to be an effective relationship manager for the wide array of partners essential in real estate development, including architects, designers, contractors, and furniture vendors
- Successful track record of managing large real estate projects within budget
- Experience managing complex supply chains across multiple sites and states
- Familiarity building out spaces for health systems or clinic-settings
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in the healthcare sector, specifically in building out outpatient clinical settings
- Experience in the retail sector, specifically in scaling across cities and states
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.