Director, Retail Operations
The Director of Retail Operations will play a new and critical role in bringing the Harry’s brand to life through world-class execution within the retail landscape. This person will have a direct impact on the company’s current and future growth as they drive execution across our retail footprint, ensuring that consumers are introduced to our products and brand in a consistent and planned manner. They are responsible for the development, planning, and execution of our in-store plans. We are looking for an amazing operations leader – one who understands needs and requirements to effectively manage or influence retail partners, 3rd party merchandisers, and cross-functional partners - all in the service of our consumer. That requires deep operational know-how and the ability to understand, analyze and respond to data, manage partners, and ultimately ensure that the Harry’s vision is translated into crisp in-store execution. This role requires the ability to collaborate with internal partners as well as develop a strategic perspective on the support model we should employ as we scale capabilities. This role will require strong organizational skills, project management, a high level of analytical rigor and the ability to translate strategy and vision into our retail landscape.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass and specialty US-based retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Store execution. As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of expansion and form the next best in class partnership with a key national retailer.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Lead all in-store execution at key US & Canadian Retail accounts
- Create in-store retail execution processes and communicate execution expectations to broker and broker sales force
- Evaluate execution performance; assist with sales calls, provide selling tools, audit, and educate and train broker sales force
- Analyze existing market conditions and drive corrective actions as needed
- Manage execution P&L including 3rd party merchandisers and all related OpEx
- Develop Annual Business Plan for in-store execution, including RFP & vendor selection
- Partner across the Sales organization to understand wall strategy & goals, and set execution plans against that strategy
- Partner with Analytics & 3rd parties to optimize the deployment of execution resources
- Partner with Industrial Design to create process for in-store execution strategy & installation costs
These might describe you:
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results
- Great Experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom line results in a customer development capacity
- Operationally sound and driven to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- Being exceptionally insightful in influencing our product portfolio for next 1-2 year with our retail partners
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s team, and your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify and solve the most important problems
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- 5 or more years of experience either running direct labor deployment or agency relationships and collaborating with multiple groups within large complex matrixed organizations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence 3rd parties
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be willing to travel across the assigned geographical area - 60% to 70% of the time
Who you will work with:
- You'll work most closely with our Retail Sales leaders, Distribution and Supply Chain for operational and fulfillment needs, Marketing, R&D & Design to understand Product and Display expectations and 3rd party partners for auditing & merchandising execution
- You will report to the VP of Retail Sales
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.