Director, SMS Operations at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Braze, SMS is a core channel for our customers and is key to building real-time, human connections between brands and consumers. Our customers are innovating with dynamic, global implementations of SMS and want to be using effective best practices for maximum impact.
We are looking for an SMS expert that wants to build an SMS Center of Excellence (COE) within Braze to help our go-to-market teams navigate specialized use cases and country-specific regulations for global SMS deployments. The Director, SMS Operations will be responsible for building the COE model and, over time, staffing a small, well-integrated team that will be highly impactful for our go-to-market teams. The SMS COE model will focus on the systems, tools, processes, knowledge, and enablement needed to accelerate Braze go-to-market teams’ time to impact and ensure best practice SMS implementations for our global clients.
This role will also be the lead facilitator for all proactive and reactive operational activities between Braze and our SMS aggregators - helping to streamline knowledge and issue management pathways for improved coordination and collaboration.
Within the SMS Center of Excellence, you will build processes and a team that focuses on areas such as:
- Presale Support
- Providing assistance to Solution Consulting and Sales for complex SMS deal scoping; especially with novel use cases and/or complex regulatory or country-specific nuance. This role should explain what is, or is not possible, and propose alternative implementation approaches, if needed.
- Post Sale Support
- Acting as the Center of Excellence for SMS design, configuration, and implementation for the onboarding team and escalation support for issue troubleshooting.
- SMS Knowledge and Enablement
- Act as the central facilitator for the creation and maintenance of SMS operational knowledge across the business by building a consolidated knowledge repository, and processes for others to continue to add new knowledge.
- Provide regular SMS enablement to pre- and post-sale teams regarding new regional / government / compliance and/or use case requirements that better enable go-to-market teams to feel comfortable and confident to sell, integrate, and support SMS.
- SMS Aggregator Escalation Coordination
- Act as the central Braze point of contact for operational activities between Braze and our SMS aggregators, helping to facilitate both proactive coordination/communication and reactive operational support between both companies.
- Product Advocacy and Automation
- Have a significant seat at the table to propose SMS product improvements within Braze and look for automation efficiencies for simplification of SMS onboarding processes.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Strong understanding of US and International SMS regulations.
- Extensive experience in the SMS space - ideally a strong comfort of complex SMS technical implementation details such as country-specific SMS regulations and compliance standards. Previous experience working for SMS third party software providers, aggregators or local carriers within the SMS sending space a plus.
- Experience building and running highly specialized teams that focus on operational efficiency and best practice deployment across go-to-market teams.
- Familiarity in coordinating with SMS aggregators (e.g. Twilio, Bandwidth, Sinch) to understand the evolving SMS technical landscape and working through regional and technical design standards during customer deployments.
- Proven experience in process optimization / transformation in order to increase process efficiency, reduce time-to-market & support scalability.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- A strong mindset of problem-solving with multiple operational tools
- An understanding of the importance of analytical reporting to demonstrate progression towards your goals
- Bonus Points:
- Experience interfacing with wireless carriers to troubleshoot SMS deliverability issues.
- Use of a knowledge base system (Salesforce Knowledge, Guru, etc)
- Knowledge of the Braze ecosystem
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.