Director, Supply Chain Cost Optimization at Peloton
This is a key leadership position, reporting directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain Development. This position will create and lead teams that shepherd the strategy, programs and execution of initiatives as it related to end-to-end cost optimization of the Peloton Supply Chain. This leader should be great at building relationships across internal teams as well as peer functions, influence with authority and be able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding environment. This role will be challenged to build a best practice supply chain from component supplier to member delivery, identifying opportunities and strategies across people, process, and technology.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build supply chain financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Peloton. These decisions will have global operations impact
- Lead the operations in the development of innovative algorithms and optimization strategies to maximize long term profitability of Peloton’s Supply Chain
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides finance and cost guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions across the operations organization
- Identifies opportunities to resolve ineffective expense opportunities proactively
- Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across operations teams and organizations
- Coordinate with stakeholders to conceptualize, develop and implement consistent, robust and sustainable supply chain capabilities
- Create hardened single version of the truth for key operations cost metrics (KPIs)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results individually and through their team
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills; this role will engage with senior company leaders
- A strong ability to work with financial scientists to understand and communicate with simplification and accuracy to stakeholder groups
- Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond their own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole
Education & Experience
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred
- Minimum Experience: 10-15 years’ experience in Supply Chain and / or Finance
- Proven 10+ year track record of designing, implementing, and supporting large scale supply chain solutions
- Experience with omni-channel retail and high-volume hardware manufacturing is a must
- Capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing deadlines within their team
- Experience leading, coaching and developing high performing supply chain professionals
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.