Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are the key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer
As a member of the Enterprise Infrastructure team within Technology Operations, you’ll be supporting and managing the technology powering Gemini’s employees - hardware and software. You’ll support the internal corporate systems that enable Gemini employees to be productive and successful. This is a unique opportunity to provide support to the entire organization across multiple offices while also learning how to build out new systems, and drive new projects. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the IT Manager.
- Day to day responsibility supporting the technology in our offices that makes all employees productive, focused, and engaged - Gemini can’t deliver without these systems
- Collaborating with the various Gemini teams to improve and innovate on the technology platform that makes Gemini tick
- Manage and maintain the internal feedback loops to generate FAQs, user guides, and help documentation to enable all Gemini employees to work faster and better than ever
- Manage the relationships with our outsourced software systems
- Laptop and Mobile device management leveraging MDM platforms such as Jamf and Google MDM
- IT asset management including lease renewal and repair
- User Account management using services such as Google, LDAP, Active Directory, OKTA
- Troubleshooting and providing assistance with SaaS products including G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Slack
- Network troubleshooting for wired and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Troubleshoot AV issues with connected room systems and Chrome boxes, AppleTVs, and other AV hardware
- Support AV events such as company All-Hands meetings and Live streamed webinars
- 1-2 years of technology experience, preferably in an IT support capacity
- Experience with macOS
- Understanding of G Suite management and products
- Experience troubleshooting printers, monitors, laptops, and other typical company IT equipment
- Experience with handling A/V equipment and running company wide meetings
- Basic understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and organize your day to achieve SLAs, meet project deadlines and communicate technical ideas to non-technical people
- Must be eager to to be hands-on, learning new technologies, and identifying how to improve them
- Experience with Jamf or a similar MDM tool
- Experience with a ticketing queue, JIRA knowledge
- Experience in a startup, fintech or finance support
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.