Executive Assistant to the CEO at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for an Executive Assistant to the CEO who is detail-oriented, innovative, and organizational pro. The Executive Assistant will work from our New York City headquarters and report to the Sr. Manager, Employee Experience. The ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude and a commitment to providing outstanding support with a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Organize high volume calendars and schedule complex meetings
- Coordinate travel and logistics, including expense reports
- Anticipate and prioritize both the CEO’s and Company needs
- Edit and improve Executive documents
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and sensitivity
- Execute research assignments and special projects
- Provide assistance to the Operations team for company-wide events
- Develop strong relationships across the Stack Overflow team
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in a similar role, direct support for VP-level and above
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills combined with an impressive level of attention to details
- Ability to work with a spectrum of personalities
- Flexibility and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to best represent yourself, our Executives and Stack Overflow
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving and optimization, specifically in regards to calendars, time management and prioritization
- Passion for excellent service, learning new skills/concepts, communicating across divisions, project management
- Resourcefulness and intuition to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Proficiency with Google Suite preferred
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.