Hello, we're Stack Overflow
We're the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share knowledge, and build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on dev marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
Why Work with Us?
Every person we hire makes Stack Overflow an even better place to work. We foster an open and diverse work culture where everyone works together. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere and welcome anyone to champion ideas. We support a culture that’s open to trying new things and is constantly trying to learn from the things we build.
An Insider's view of Stack Overflow
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
One of the reasons I came to Stack Overflow is the trust they place in people. If you are hired here, it means they trust you to get stuff done and manage your time. That means we have a lot of latitude to set our schedules, work where we want, and plan our work.
Senior Sales Executive, Enterprise
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
I work with almost every team at the company to bring new products and features to market: with product managers, UX, and designers to shape the user experience; with Sales, Support, and community managers to communicate new features; and with Content and Digital to run campaigns that engage and delight our users.
Product Marketing Manager
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
I joined SO 1yr ago as a fresh grad- I have since earned 3 promotions, 3 raises, and a wealth of sales knowledge and acumen. This is not just a result of my hard work- it reflects my coworkers' dedication to support and friendliness; I owe much to the geniality and knowledge of my colleagues. I cannot picture a better starting point for my career.
Senior Account Executive
What is your vision for the company?
We believe that developers are writing the script for the future, and Stack Overflow is in a unique position to reach and influence that community. My vision is for us to continue to grow Stack Overflow as a community where any developer from any background can learn, share their knowledge, and build their career.
President & CTO
What’s the vibe like in the office?
Motivating! I am surrounded by leaders, mentors and peers who just want me to succeed and are constantly cheering me on. The people on my team, get me so excited to come to work everyday and make an impact!
Operations Manager, Customer Success
Where we are
Conveniently located in lower Manhattan, just blocks from the water with unbelievable 360º views of the city, East River, and the Brooklyn Bridge.
Perks + Benefits
Friends outside of work
Eat lunch together
Open door policy
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Child Care & Parental Leave
Child Care Benefits
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Job Training & Conferences
- I can't think of many places better than Stack Overflow for a developer to work at. When I look at opportunities, three things generally come to mind: how much autonomy I have, what impact I can make, and how smart the people are.Jon ChanPrincipal Software Developer
- What really makes a company thrive is its people and the interpersonal relationships within departments. Stack continually develops ways to make its employees feel valued, secure and free to be the individual they are.Jill CiacciaOffice Manager
- Every day I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work in an incredibly empowering environment with the most talented, like-minded individuals. The positive encouragement from my team members and management across the board is what keeps...Annie Bray HinesSenior Account Executive
- "The best thing about working at Stack Overflow is the autonomy I have to do my job. If you are looking to be micro-managed this isn't the company for you. If you are looking to be treated like an adult and enjoy working in a totally collaborative...Dammand CherrySenior Account Executive, Ad Sales
- "Stack Overflow is one of the best places for a developer to work at. I love that I can make an impact and I'm given the autonomy as well as the flexibility to do my job. Also, no one pokes me with a sharp stick. "Kirti ThoratSoftware Developer
Jobs at Stack Overflow10 open jobs
Design + UX
Design + UX
Technology we use
- Microsoft SQL ServerDatabases
Articles we're in32 articles
Our funding history
$40M in FundingInvestors: Andreessen Horowitz
$10M in FundingInvestors: Bezos Expeditions
$12M in FundingInvestors: Index Ventures and Spark Capital
$6M in FundingInvestors: Union Square Ventures