Do you like to operate behind the scenes of a growing business, be a master of getting things done, and create a show that goes on without a hitch? Do you live for tackling a mile-long to-do list and the immense personal satisfaction that comes from checking off all those boxes at the end of the day?
Fantastic, you’re perfect for this role.
The Executive Assistant will serve as an essential partner to our CEO, David Greenberg. This position is the dream job for someone who has what it takes to meet the challenges of supporting an executive at one of New York City’s fastest growing startups.
Our ideal candidate will exercise extraordinary judgment and discretion, will be adaptable to changing environments, shifting priorities, and different personalities, and is extremely passionate about helping grow a business! This EA will be an integral member of the Updater team.
Who are you?
- You are insanely detail oriented - to the point of being a little nutty about it. You consider yourself a perfectionist who never lets anything slip through the cracks. You think about all the little details, so others don’t have to!
- You have an innate ability to translate high-level communication and “read between the lines” Brief communication is no problem for you. You know exactly how to play detective to figure out the circumstances and what actions to take. You have a very strong ability to solve problems when provided with little information or direction.
- You are proactive! If you had a superpower, it would be the ability to anticipate and plan ahead!
- You’re an amazing communicator. Whether it’s in an email, over the phone, or in person, you know how to and are comfortable with communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- You have a get stuff done attitude. You have a permanent sense of urgency and work best under pressure in a very fast-paced environment.
- You consider yourself an expert at managing up. You understand that in order to do your job successfully, you have to take charge of communication and prioritization.
What you’ll do:
- Be the gatekeeper to the CEO’s Google Calendar! Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and meeting logistics often times across complex time zones (ex. Australia)
- Screen incoming emails and call requests, prioritize items for follow-up, and correspond with key constituents (both internal and external).
- Ensure the CEO is always more than prepared for professional meetings, events, travel, etc. Create agendas, draft one-pagers, manage itineraries, make reservations, print material, and do whatever it takes to ensure thorough preparation.
- Handle expense reporting.
- Manage the relationship with an executive travel firm to book flights, hotels, restaurant reservations, etc.
- Provide comprehensive research on various topics as necessary.
What you have?
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct C Level Executive administrative support in a high-growth company. Added bonus if you’ve supported more than one executive (but not necessarily at the same time).
- Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, slides)
- BA / BS degree.
- Strong desire to support a C-level exec at a growing company, and be their right (or left) hand (or brain, or whatever)
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.