Facilities Manager, Back of House
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton Studios New York operates 365 days a year to deliver both a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content and world class boutique fitness offerings to our members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that constantly focuses on evolving our innovative programming and enhancing the luxury experience for our in-studio members. We are looking for an experienced professional for an exciting position to lead our operations team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as a role model and brand ambassador for Peloton
- Be an exceptional representation of the Peloton brand
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity and lead by example to influence and inspire others
- Acknowledge your team's successes and show recognition
- Manage Back of House Assistant Manager-Studio Facilities that oversee Maintenance and Workplace
- Deliver the highest quality for Back of House operation execution. This includes management of all day to day operations such as working with Senior Manager of Facilities and Studio Operations on recruiting, hiring, training, staff management; upholding and seeing that all operating policies, including service and safety standards are followed by all staff
- Responsible for managing and processing payroll for hourly team
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Document and prepare trackers and maintenance logs for team
- Ensure exceptional quality on the in-studio experience for all members and efficiently managing the Stagehand team to flip the room over between classes
- Maintain high expectations of cleanliness for the locker rooms, lobby, and any member facing areas
- Work hand-in-hand with our production team to ensure the highest quality production value
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Superior customer service skills
- College degree preferred
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build and lead a team of high performing people with the goal of achieving a very high standard of customer satisfaction
- Ability to excel and motivate staff in a fast changing, diverse environment
- Able to recognize areas needing improvement, make changes and resolve issues using good judgment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and customers
- Professional and appropriate business appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, early morning and late evening weekdays, adapting to meet the needs of the business.
- OSHA standards experience, preferred
- HVAC strongly preferred
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.