FOH Assistant Manager, F&B at Peloton
Peloton’s Production Department operates two production studios 365 days a year to deliver both a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content and world class boutique fitness offerings to our members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that constantly focuses on evolving our innovative programming and enhancing the luxury experience for our in-studio members. We are looking for an experienced professional for an exciting front-facing position reporting to our Front of House - Guest Services Manager, that has ample knowledge in food and beverage with a high passion for customer service.
- Act as a role model and brand ambassador for Peloton
- Ensure every member’s experience at Peloton Studios is consistently exceptional
- Oversee all food and beverage quality, guest service, equipment maintenance are meeting the standards for the NYS Health Department Codes.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the cafe to ensure the cafe meets or exceeds Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation areas
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Responsible for overseeing cafe inventory management, ordering and budgeting.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day of staff, scheduling and seeing that all operating policies, including service and safety are being followed.
- Assist Guest Services Manager in interviewing, hiring and performance reviews,
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity and lead by example to influence and inspire others
- Handle customer issues/complaints with the utmost professionalism and work to accommodate special requests whenever possible
- Partner with fellow management team and departments to engage with and promote special members moments.
- Understand team member positions well enough to perform duties in team members absence
- 1-2 years experience in hospitality, restaurant/F&B management and customer service
- NYS Health and Mental Hygiene Certificate preferred
- A REAL passion for Food, Hospitality, and Service
- Ability and desire to build lasting relationships with prospective and current members
- Uncompromisingly high standards when it comes to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel and motivate staff in a fast changing, diverse environment
- Able to recognize areas needing improvement, make changes and resolve issues using good judgment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from colleagues and customers
- Understanding of employee positions and willingness to perform duties in employees' absence
- Professional and appropriate business appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- As this is a customer facing retail position, you will be required to work on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical essential functions of the job also require that all employees are able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, early morning and late evening weekdays, adapting to meet the needs of the business
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.