Founding Chief of Staff at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for a Founding Chief of Staff for one of its new ventures. In this role, you will initially work with a member of our new ventures team and then directly with the founding team of the business. The Founding Chief of Staff will play a critical role in bringing this venture into existence. First, in collaboration with the Director of New Ventures on the project, you will support the operational and legal activities required for initial business formation and craft the pitch materials and messaging to present to founding team candidates. You will then collaborate with our talent team to identify, interview, and assess applicants. Finally, you will transition to join the founding team as a value-added member reporting to the CEO.Responsibilities
- Business Planning & Venture Formation
- Collaborate with the Director of New Ventures to complete final business diligence and operational planning.
- Partner with the talent team on sourcing, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring the founding team.
- Coordinate operational, legal, marketing, FP&A, and other foundational components of launching the new venture.
- Identify key external partners, suppliers, and prospective customers and begin forging relationships.
- Founding Chief of Staff
- Support the CEO in building the founding team and launching the business.
- Partner with the Redesign finance and accounting functions to establish a foundation for tracking business performance and prepare for future financings.
- Partner with the Redesign marketing, product, and design functions to refine and begin executing on the go-to-market strategy.
- 4+ years of experience in an investing, research, consulting, or strategic operations role.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate business education preferred.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams.
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis.
- Experience in business diligence, business plan creation, and business analysis.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with vendors, suppliers, investors, candidates, and other key partners.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
- Adaptable individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly.
- High integrity team player with an ability to exhibit excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides).
What Redesign is all about:
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.