Global Supply Chain Manager, Soft Products
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Supply Chain team at Harry's, Inc. works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production and inventory strategy for innovative and performance-driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers and creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and store brand businesses in Europe and North America. Being vertically integrated allows us to have better, more direct, relationships with our customers so we can continue to provide better products and experiences for them.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Supply Chain team, you will have the opportunity to visit suppliers from around the globe and own strategic sourcing, supplier relationships, and production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our Soft Products team, you will own the end-to-end supply chain for our Soft Products business, driving strategy as we scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York, UK and China – including R&D, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance, Sales & Marketing to manage sustaining programs, lead product launches & set optimal supply chains.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Soft Products team at Harry’s, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining programs, mitigating risk, ensuring supply and driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programs from start to finish, including RFQs, to include the supplier selection strategy for raw materials, components, assembly, and fill
- Set the global supplier strategy to support the company’s extensive portfolio expansion and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics, recommendations and operational considerations to the senior team in New York to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Lead global negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-7 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain and/or operations role
- Deep exposure to the development and mass production of soft products (or other CPG products) at significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). Values relationships and cross-functional team work.
- Ability to rapidly learn packaging technologies and filling processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge, including occasional crises
- You love travel and jump at the opportunity to work with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director, Soft Products
- Working on the Global Supply Chain team, including Hard Products, Packaging, and CapEx
- Cross-functional collaboration with R&D, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance, Sales & Marketing
- External partners (component suppliers and contract manufacturers)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.