Head of Enablement (JR101383) at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is looking for a Head, Enablement to join our Operating Company. With a focus on training, development and knowledge sharing, this individual will play a pivotal role in building a world-class Enablement organization by ensuring that our production teams have the information and skill-sets necessary to succeed. Our ideal candidate is an experienced Enablement leader who has the ability to identify areas of opportunity, collaborate cross-functionally to develop innovative solutions and lead execution against recommendations. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who understands what a world-class customer experience looks like and who is itching to be a driving force behind the delivery of a rapidly scaling team.
As the Head, Enablement you will oversee our broader Enablement organization; building and scaling multiple training and resourcing functions to facilitate learning and development across our Operating Company, which account for 80% of our total organizational headcount. Previous experience with automation / technology and international oversight is preferred.
- Oversee Enablement for Better’s Operating Company, an organization of 5000+ employees and growing
- Lead and execute on large scale enablement initiatives across an Enablement organization of 100+ employees
- Be a leader of leaders; you will be responsible for managing second and third line Senior/Managers
- Build and implement a continuing education curriculum to ensure our client-facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be “best in class”
- Measuring program effectiveness and implementing improvements
- Ensure alignment and ongoing collaboration cross-functionally to help our teams develop, drive, and support key initiatives across the company.
- Partner closely with our People, Operations Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Production teams to ensure cross-functional organizations are prepared to enhance our business strategies and go-to-market effectiveness
- Identify, implement and scale Enablement automation, tools and systems
- 6-10 years of professional experience in sales and/or operations enablement and training
- At least 2 years of experience of managing and building/scaling enablement teams
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for strategic problem solving, driving action, and strong project ownership
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills with working experience in project management
- Demonstrated success in building and facilitating training programs
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Prior experience working at a fast-paced, hyper-growth and ever-changing startup or technology company
- Successful production and maintenance of a knowledge base or resource center; experience within Enablement automation is key!
- Prior experience with professional learning management systems and Sales and/or Operations Enablement platforms
- Prior oversight of an international Enablement function
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.