Head of Fulfillment & Distribution
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,500 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
As the first member of the LeafLink Fulfillment and Distribution Team, the Head will review, strategize and execute on the inclusion of shipping services for LeafLink’s marketplace customers. Our marketplace is already managing over 20% of all legal cannabis wholesale orders in the US and this position has the unique opportunity of setting the standard supply-chain logistics in our rapidly-growing space. This team member will own the concept, from start to finish, that empowers licensed cannabis Brands to incorporate last-mile delivery to create consistency and reliability for Retailers.
Given the regulatory environments that vary state-by-state, this role will be responsible for becoming well-versed in state cannabis regulations, explore a number of different partnership structures, product innovation and any other requirements to provide a, b and c to LeafLink’s marketplace community. This position will be a hands-on business partner and builder who can execute on tasks across a wide spectrum of importance, with a hunger to dive-in and create this new revenue line from the ground up. This individual should possess strong leadership skills, business development skills with a love of marketplaces and be a firm believer in our mission and values found here: https://leaflink.com/careers/.Responsibilities:
- Develop, build, launch, and own LeafLink’s distribution and logistics strategies, establishing an industry defining fulfillment network program to provide consistent, reliable, and professional delivery solutions for our network of buyers and sellers
- Establish and manage relationships with 3/4PL provider, freight forwarder, and related delivery relationships including the development, negotiation, and management of contracts
- Define and establish core program KPIs and other health metrics to quantify the growth of LeafLink’s logistics capabilities
- Partner with stakeholders, and align on a regular basis to drive overall strategy and initiatives
- Become a resident expert on the ever-changing cannabis regulations (esp. Distribution and Logistics) in all markets, including those outside LeafLink’s current live territories
- Maintain deep product knowledge of LeafLink’s product including the marketplace, platform and community usage trends
- Deep experience as a leader with an established track record for launching logistics, fulfillment, and distribution solutions in high tech, e-commerce, or start-up environments
- Intimate involvement in business operations as a strategic partner with their own P&L, building out teams and solutions
- You are a builder at heart and take ownership of initiatives from start-to-success; entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Ability to articulate the vision and roadmap for logistics development, including prioritization of tasks, allocation of resources and identifying activities that are not aligned with the vision.
- Ability to make data-informed decisions and present the findings across teammates, clients and partners of varying degrees of sophistication
- Experience scaling teams and navigating a growing organizational structures
- Experience with modern warehousing and logistics technologies such as WMS, OMS, TMS and related software
- Generous PTO
- Fun Office Environment
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Benefit Matching (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Offered
- Team Events