Head of Strategic Executive HR Business Partners at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Design solutions for respective business lines, including but not limited to developing a comprehensive understanding of the competitive talent landscape with respect to future needs of the organization, partnering on all people operations processes, enhancing commitment to anti-racist work, improving the employee experience, supporting employee relations concerns in partnership with the Head of Support and Advocacy, and supporting the total rewards function
- Exhibit deep understanding of drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and People actions
- Partner with the business and executive leadership to build engaged, high-performing teams aligned with the business strategy
- Analyze data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or business opportunities
- Lead, manage, and execute organization design efforts and help to create and execute a talent management strategy across business lines and help to lead change management projects
- Ensure the organizational structure for the business is deployed efficiently and effectively, this includes a significant and on-going focus to optimize the organization
- Identify the critical roles; assess bench strength; and develop meaningful and diverse succession plans
- Identify opportunities to architect effective and dynamic organizational designs and development interventions, promoting efficiency and team engagement.
- Challenge the organizational structure to propose positive changes that help drive business results and further commitments to becoming an anti-racist organization
- Develop recommendations for organizational design and effectiveness, supporting Cityblock’s growth
- Build and lead a team of Strategic HR Business Partners and continually work to builds out this function
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in HR and/or the line (business)
- MBA strongly preferred
- Experience in both small and large orgs, scaling high growth orgs and managing a team
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees
- Analytical and creative; ability to create a business narrative out of data and capable of flexing solutions to changing demands
- Unwavering integrity and the managerial courage to effectively challenge leaders and/or norms
- Demonstrated ability to coach and counsel executive and senior leaders to drive their business groups
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.