Head of Technical Support Engineering at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
We are looking for a Head of Technical Support Engineering to build and lead this new team within the Product Operations organization of our rapidly growing FinTech company.
This team will provide tier 1 support to our exchange customers as well as developer support for platform customers. Our platform customers are Fortune 500 companies leveraging the Paxos technology to provide new crypto currency solutions for their customers. These strategic partnerships entail bespoke technical and business process integrations. These new products will reach hundreds of millions of users within applications that are a part of our day-to-day lives. These relationships create exciting new business opportunities which will drive the next phase of Paxos growth.
In supporting customers integrating with our platform APIs, this team bridges the gap between product, engineering, and client facing teams. This team is highly collaborative and focuses on ensuring a smooth customer experience. It tackles issues, recommends solutions, and drives resolution of technical escalations. Supporting business critical integrations, team members are consultative, technical problem solvers who act with urgency and thoroughness.
This player/coach role is perfect for the rare breed that loves to engage with customers, solve technical problems, develop scalable processes, and hire, lead, and grow a world-class team.
Who You Are:
- Communication: You have strong written and verbal communication skills enabling you to successfully engage with technical customers and internal stakeholders
- Troubleshooting: You are able to tackle a problem top down, look in the logs, find errors, reason about flows with multiple hops, look for API return codes, and find issues given an unknown problem
- SQL: You are able to write basic queries, joins; understand query performance (index, etc)
- Basic Programming: You are:
- Competent in terminal and shell scripting
- Able to review code and understand code to support troubleshooting without escalating to engineering as much as possible
- Able to code with basic proficiency in either: Python, C#, Go, Java
- APIs: You are able to demonstrate a strong understanding of API requests and response codes; knowledge of FIX protocols a plus
- People Management: You are able to hire and develop engaged and highly performing technical client facing teams
- Process: You are able to develop the processes the team needs to effectively scale while providing outstanding customer service
- Dashboards: You are able to use ticketing and systems monitoring tools to create dashboards that support managing the team and communicating with cross-functional partners
What You’ll Do:
- Resolve customer issues and recommend solutions in a consultative manner
- Debug issues with tools such as splunk and running sql queries against platform databases
- Operate onboarding automation such as terraform, chef, and credential generation
- Reason about / navigate common parts of the code to support troubleshooting, and review recent PR’s understand behavioral changes
- Ensure effective customer communication through ZenDesk, Telegram, Statuspage.IO, and other channels
- Partner with Product Management to ensure there is an effective process to identify and prioritize needed product enhancements
- Partner with Engineering to ensure there is an effective process to identify and manage technical incidents, including customer communication
- Partner with Business Development and Customer Success to ensure effective communication of customer issues and proper prioritization
- Design and share dashboards that provide meaningful insights to the team and internal stakeholders
- Hire and onboard outstanding talent
- Supporting the near term prioritization and long-term growth of team members
- Develop a team embodies Paxos values
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Flatiron with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money