Head of Trust & Safety at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Trust & Safety Lead, your mission is to ensure that Zocdoc remains a safe, trustworthy, and secure platform for both our patients and providers. As the founding leader of this newly formalized function, you’ll be tasked with building a structured Trust & Safety organization that can not only keep pace with Zocdoc’s rapidly growing and evolving marketplace but can also be viewed as a strategic lever to ensure we uphold our Community Standards, protect revenue, and mitigate risk through sound operations and clearly defined principles.
Zocdoc’s Trust & Safety function will be the nexus of our Community Standards, partnering with cross-functional teams such as Product, Data, Sales, Service, and Legal to enhance our product and policies to maintain a trusted environment for all of Zocdoc’s users. As the leader of Trust & Safety, you’ll be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, advocating for, and measuring key Trust & Safety initiatives across Zocdoc.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Can articulate, and generate buy-in for, a long-term Trust & Safety strategy, roadmap, and hiring plan
- Are a passionate operator, who can bridge the gap between strategy and execution
- Have a talent for interpersonal savvy; you’re humble and authentic, but confident in serving as the go-to expert in all things Trust & Safety
- Thrive in entrepreneurial settings where creativity and grit are required
Your day to day is…
- Owning and enforcing Zocdoc’s Community Standards to ensure all participants on our platform feel safe and respected
- Acting as a true business owner with a sense of urgency to quickly gather and align stakeholders and respond to any unforeseen threats or activities that could put Zocdoc or its users at risk
- Overseeing day-to-day Trust & Safety operations and execute against key workflows designed to rapidly address user concerns, both directly and through a team of user-facing representatives
- Translating strategic priorities into thoughtful deployment plans that incorporate operational realities and enable rapid execution across teams
- Driving initiatives to advance Trust & Safety priorities across the organization, collaborating with senior stakeholders across Legal, Information Security, Sales, Operations, Product, and others
- Partnering with our Data and Product organizations to uncover, monitor, and mitigate user abuse of the Zocdoc platform
- Constantly improving policies and processes meant to address and eliminate bad actors while minimizing friction for everyday users
- Recruiting and managing a best-in-class organization of well-rounded Trust & Safety professionals
You’d be successful in this role if you have…
- 7+ years of work experience in a hands-on operations role with a strong strategic component, including 2+ years in a Trust & Safety (or similar) function
- A proven track record of collaborating across departments and all levels of leadership, including a well-equipped influencing toolkit that is effective across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and an ability to translate data insights into a vision that can be successfully tailored to various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive with autonomy and prior demonstration of the ability to spearhead an idea into a well-run operational machine
- Resourcefulness, nimbleness, and the ability to stay positive under pressure
- Comfort with taking initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be resourceful to solve ambiguous challenges
- A track record of success in project management and the ability to lead and direct various people/teams across verticals within the company
- A passion for operational excellence and organization
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option for employees
- Catered lunch along with snacks (when back in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.