Interim Director of Consumer Insights & Brand Strategy (Contract) at Peloton
Peloton's interim Director of Global Brand Strategy and Consumer Insights will head the Global Brand Strategy and Consumer Insights department, overseeing the creation and execution of all brand strategy and consumer insights responsibilities. Reporting to the interim Head of Marketing/ eventual CMO, the interim Director will implement the research agenda for Q2 and the beginning of Q3. As a team leader, the interim Director will foster an inclusive and productive working environment for the Consumer Insights team, managing a group of five to deliver against their Q2/Q3 project plans.
The interim Director will ensure that research is being applied in a coordinated and impactful way across the organization.
- Oversee the Consumers Insights team to meet the Global Consumer Insights agenda for FY21 including but not limited to:
- Consumer and Member journey studies
- Expanded Target Audience Definition & Positioning Strategy
- Creative Testing
- New Product Positioning
- Longitudinal studies and quarterly trackers
- Manage the Consumers Insights and Strategy team, building a positive and collaborative team environment and ensuring team members meet their project objectives and goals
- Help the team prioritize projects according to their impact on the business and adjust the team’s roadmap as needed
- Advocate for consumers, members, and the Consumer Insights function cross-functionally
- 8-12 years of experience in marketing strategy, brand strategy, consumer strategy, or consumer insights function
- Ability to be strategic and see the big picture, while also able to roll up their sleeves and support direct reports to get work done
- Experience managing a team and significant budget
- Understanding of a variety of market research methodologies and their applications enough to advise individual contributors on the right path forward and to provide detailed feedback and guidance on final deliverables
- Specific experience applying qualitative, quantitative, journalistic and ethnographic methodologies to answer key business questions
- Highly organized with the ability to oversee and keep multiple projects on course at once
- Strong attention to detail, written and oral communications skills
- Team player, builds positive rapport with others, extraordinarily collaborative and inclusive
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.