IT Asset Manager at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Operations team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems and network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s corporate offices, warehouses, retail stores, and drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners across the entire enterprise. The IT Operations team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving innovation and efficiencies throughout the businesses IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of IT Asset Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of IT Asset management at Rent the Runway.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead an IT asset management department for Rent the Runway
- Develop and maintain processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements that effectively manage - both on a daily basis and long-term - RTRs IT asset portfolio of software, vendors, services and technology-related hardware.
- Manage vendor contracts for hardware, software and services procurements.
- Lead the design and implementation of RTRs inventory management policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them
- Build RTRs inventory management system to track all physical IT assets such as laptops, monitors and fulfillment center IT equipment such as scanners and printers
- Work closely with other members of the IT Engineering and Service Desk teams to assess the IT hardware, software and services requirements to procure and deliver IT services to RTR.
- Work closely with finance and accounting teams to help plan and manage the IT Operations capital and operating budgets.
- Manage the accounts payable approvals
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience along with at least 5 years of well-rounded IT service desk and IT asset management experience.
- Have demonstrated expertise using IT asset management (ITAM) systems and integrations between such systems as JIRA, Jamf and Oomnitza.
- Have experience working in a fast paced fast growing startup environment.
- Have superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex, disparate IT, systems and networking environments.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to empathize and collaborate with colleagues, independently manage and run projects, and prioritize efforts among conflicting priorities.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserves your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.