IT Manager at Yieldstreet
What you'll do - Team Development:
- Hire and manage IT analysts and systems engineers to accelerate the development of IT initiatives while also developing learning strategies to ensure their growth.
- Develop IT documentation and operating procedures.
What you'll do - Secure Our Environment:
- Design group policies using both AD and Jamf to ensure that our workstations are connected to the VPN when out of the office.
- Work with the security team to bolster our defenses against bad actors, and internal threats due to misuse using tools for endpoint protection and data loss prevention.
- Implement common sense security controls like password policy, idle screen timeouts, and mobile device management.
- Develop testing plans and drills for restoring backups for our disaster recovery requirements.
What you'll do - Automate IT:
- Automation is a first class product in the IT team at YieldStreet, this includes deployment of workstations and the management of applications. You may work on scripting several actions against the APIs of some of the SaaS providers we use or low to zero touch builds of employee workstations.
- Create forms from our ticketing system to assist in the creation and deletion of accounts for IT onboarding/offboarding.
- Design and implement future IT improvements and seek future automation opportunities.
What you'll do - Day to Day:
- Maintain phone, A/V, and user workstations in the NYC office.
- Monitor and troubleshoot in-office network performance and security.
- Lead technology on-boarding and training for new employees.
What you'll need:
- On the Internal IT team, we are the first line of defense against IT issues local and abroad and thus you analyze every change in the context of a much bigger picture, assess its risk for the future, and how it impacts other systems in the environment.
- You look to eliminate inefficient processes and time-consuming work by automating at every opportunity with your team members.
- You are pragmatic and you understand that your decisions can impact user’s productivity. This also means you are willing to dump processes and procedures that are not productive and learn from those failures to create ones that do.
- At YieldStreet, we have the goal of becoming the largest wealth management company on the planet, and that means thinking out of the box to prevent the scale problems we will experience early on. You enjoy seeking opportunities to learn, onboard new tools, and teach.