Peloton is seeking an IT Program Manager (PM) to drive program and project management for the Enterprise Technology (ET) function. You will work with a variety of business stakeholders, vendors, and IT teams, and be assigned to projects as they arise and as your bandwidth permits. You will also be part of a program management organization (PMO) in the ET function.
The Enterprise Technology function at Peloton is responsible for the underlying technology supporting business teams (including Supply Chain, Sales, Member Experience, Retail, Finance, and Marketing) as well as information security, IT employee experience, data governance, and IT infrastructure globally.
The projects and programs you support will be focused on IT physical infrastructure at Peloton locations in North America, usually related to building out a new facility, retrofitting an existing facility to a new standard, or closing down a facility. Facilities can include (but are not limited to) offices, engineering labs, call centers, manufacturing centers, and distribution centers, and vary in size. You are not required to have technical IT experience, but you are required to work with technical staff and understand technical initiatives.
Note: You will work remotely until Peloton offices reopen, after which you will work from a Peloton office in the United States. When Peloton offices reopen, you may travel from time to time to other Peloton locations for meetings or other collaboration.
Note: Your people manager will be based out of the NYC area. If you are based out of another office, while you may meet your manager in person from time to time (in a post-COVID world), most of your interactions will be virtual, which adds an element of complexity to your relationship with your people manager.
- Program Governance and Leadership
- Select appropriately from a variety of PM methods, processes, policies, and procedures you’ve used previously or you’ve researched and apply to the situation
- Successfully manage multiple, simultaneous, complex, high-visibility programs and projects in a portfolio
- Develop and execute on integrated project plans
- Develop and maintain a program management strategy which encompasses planning, development, monitoring, control, and execution
- Track and report actual expenditures as compared to the budget and effectively manage the project to successful completion within tolerances
- Recognize opportunities for improvements/adjustments and effectively implement
- Facilitate decision-making by gathering and making information available, identifying and engaging the appropriate decision owners and contributors, and driving and focusing discussion
- Identify, assess, and manage risks, action items, issues, dependencies, and open decisions; work with the technical lead of the project or program to manage the risks items, not just the list
- Define programs or projects by gathering requirements and clear acceptance criteria/definitions of done
- Manage scope and evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources and control changes to the baseline
- Relationship Management, Communication, Statusing, and Reporting
- Lead programs and workstreams through influence, competence, and results, and not through people leadership or task management, to create a culture of shared goals and shared direction
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder management plan for individuals/teams within and outside the team and/or program
- Drive process creation and cross-team collaboration, including helping build consensus between teams
- Understand, manage, communicate, and report key program information, including status, schedule, milestones, risk, dependencies, major changes, and major decisions
- Develop and maintain a statusing and reporting process and cadence which accounts for communication to various stakeholder levels and for various purposes
- Plan and facilitate effective meetings, tailoring approach to the objective of the meeting (eg stakeholder program review vs weekly project meeting) and developing solid artifacts
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers
- Build and maintain solid artifacts according to PMO standards
- PM Methods
- Kick off projects and programs with clear definition of scope, objectives, key results, and stakeholders
- Champion processes, including change management, knowledge management, project intake, roadmapping, prioritization, and service transition
- Build processes, templates, and structure, or leverage existing ones as appropriate
- Coordinate and help come up with solutions, and remove impediments
- Develop and demonstrate broad knowledge of IT initiatives and business goals
- Solicit feedback to confirm solutions are appropriate and effective
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and help teams make the right judgement calls
- Recognize, adopt and instill good PM practices throughout the organization
- Antiracism and Inclusivity: Peloton has made a commitment to to antiracism
- Actively contribute to creating a more inclusive culture and environment at Peloton
- Actively endorse, create, and maintain antiracist policies and processes
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- We’re a high-growth company, and our processes are in various states of maturity
- We regularly assess the state of the department, the business, and the company, and determine what processes (and levels of process maturity) are needed for us to reach current and future objectives - you will play a large role in these decisions and changes for the projects and programs you support, and on the PMO team
- We firmly believe in conducting retrospectives and driving managed, continuous, improvement - you will facilitate many of these and are expected to facilitate and participate in an open and constructive dialogue
- We’re doing a lot really fast - you may be asked to flex outside of your role from time to time
ROLE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- People management of the individuals or teams who support a program or project.
- Technical decisions including: strategy, architecture, and guidance.
- Decision-making for priority, scope, and timelines (PMs should facilitate these decisions by gathering and making information available, identifying and engaging the appropriate stakeholders, and driving focused discussions).
- You have:
- 3+ years IT program management experience
- Experience managing complex programs with large budgets, exacting stakeholders, multiple vendors, and firm deadlines
- Experience gathering requirements and soliciting clear acceptance criteria
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis for projects and programs
- A basic understanding of software engineering and technical infrastructure
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- A strong sense of accountability and personal ownership
- A flexible (whether proactive or reactive, as the situation requires) approach to change and are able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements, and is forward looking
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in Program Management methodologies and tactics
- Are skilled in developing effective partnership relationships
- Deliver outcomes and overcome obstacles constructively in order to move forward
- Consistently operate above the line
- Are forward-looking and thoughtful
- Are focused on the facts
- Are compassionate to both the needs and situations of the business and of IT
- Are a strong listener with the ability to deeply understand, ask the right questions, and proactively pursue constructive feedback
- Communicate articulately and effectively
- Are capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
NICE TO HAVE:
- IT experience (not hands-on), which might (but doesn’t have to) include familiarity with some of the systems and services we use and offer, such as:
- Network: Cisco, Palo Altos, Meraki
- AV: Google Meet, Zoom, Robin, Appspace
- Service Delivery: Jira Service Desk, Halp, Oomnitza Asset Management, CMDB
- Client Platform Engineering: Jamf, Bettercloud, Okta
- IT Facilities: ISP, low voltage cabling, badge access, surveillance cameras, interpreting architectural drawings
- Experience using Monday.com, Smartsheet, Confluence, Jira, and/or GSuite - we don’t use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Project here
- Understanding of ITIL
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.