IT Support Specialist
At Cedar, our mission is to improve the broken healthcare experience for patients. This starts with reengineering the patient billing support experience by refocusing our efforts on a patient centric experience and providing exceptional customer service.
Cedar is growing quickly! The IT Support Specialist will play an important role in helping to onboard and support employees. You’ll work in a fast paced-startup and partner with the People Ops, DevOps, and Security teams to deliver a best in class IT environment for the Cedar workforce. We believe in automation, in doing the right thing by default, in making our users as productive as possible while taking security seriously and implementing smart controls. To support those goals, we strive to only hire the best and we expect that our IT Support Specialists will be motivated to gain experience in DevOps or TechOps skills and work towards becoming an Engineer in one of the disciplines.
- Work with PeopleOps to improve and automate onboarding/offboarding
- Be responsible for laptop and desktop configuration, system access, and LastPass setup
- Build computer management workflows that will scale to hundreds or thousands of devices
- Work with Compliance/Security to secure laptops and office network
- Provide desktop and application support to Cedar employees.
- Provide day-to-day support and maintenance of all employee related IT services and equipment
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years in a Helpdesk environment
- Experienced in MacOS administration
- Experience with automation solutions such as Munki, Jamf, Fleetsmith or other MDM solutions
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving ability, and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and a committed team player
- Willing and eager to learn coding skills
- Working knowledge of software installation
Nice to Have
- Windows administration experience
- Network management experience
- Experience in either Bash, Python, Perl, or Powershell
- Degree in Computer Science or related study
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Opportunity to work with a smart & engaging team
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund