Manager, Market Operations (MIC) at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As the Market Operations Manager (MIC), you will partner with the Sr. Manager, Head of MIC, and Clinical Leadership to oversee processes, operations, systems and infrastructure that support direct services provided to Cityblock's members through our innovative care model.
The Market Ops manager will play an integral role in operationalizing Cityblock's care model in the clinic practice setting and in the community. This leader will oversee the deployment of an efficient and scalable operational model to support our care teams on the ground. You will collaborate closely with clinical leaders to ensure that all necessary workflows are built and implemented effectively, and that we are measuring our progress accurately and insightfully. You will model how others in the market think about ongoing process improvements, operating with excellence, and ensuring we constantly improve. This leader will also interface with Cityblock national operations teams, owning all cross-functional initiatives that involve the market, and ensuring they are executed thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a healthcare, management consulting, or startup environment; 1+ year of management experience
- You have experience and comfort working within a high-paced, ever-evolving startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians
- You have operated in a value-based care setting (e.g. capitated arrangements, ACO) where you were accountable for achieving success against key performance metrics
- You are comfortable using a variety of data tools, and can create compelling dashboards and other data visualizations to drive decision making
- You have excellent project/process management skills,, and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren't afraid to do the work yourself
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgemental
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
How We Define Success:
- Own and share accountability for market strategy and achievement of a subset of key operational results (e.g., clinical savings programs, disease management programs, HCC / Diagnosis capture initiatives)
- Develop strategic initiatives in coordination with clinical and operational stakeholders to improve quality, member outcomes and total cost of care performance
- Ensure (in collaboration with your report(s)) that all care team members have the requisite data and information to do their jobs, and that their managers have the requisite information to manage them effectively
- Ensure that all learnings from process builds are tightly captured so that we are continuing to develop our care model and implementation playbooks for future markets; implement new performance metrics where they apply
- Ensure that all tools and support technology (e.g., Commons , EHR) are well utilized across all roles and teams; where appropriate, propose improvements to this toolkit to continue to best support operations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience and empathy with high-complexity Medicaid and Dual Eligible populations
- Experience and familiarity with ambulatory clinical practice operations serving Medicaid and Dual Eligible individuals
- Comfort using a variety of technologies and systems, including practice management, care management, electronic health record, and billing systems
- SQL or other data analytics background
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.