Manager, Operating Model Implementation at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
This owner will lead a team in partnering with our clinical and Care Delivery Model Design teams to own implementation of all new clinical programs, operational processes, functionality and reporting into markets
- The role will need an energetic spirit who thrives on launching and implementing new projects, products and initiatives as part of a broad go-to-market strategy settings
- You can help build and implement a playbook across multiple geographic locales and also in a virtual setting, and you are comfortable leveraging multiple modes of communication and various tools ensure successful product launches
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years experience leading teams in launching new operational processes and products across multiple sites
- You hold yourself accountable to ensure continuous progress is made on project plans, milestones and timelines, and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into messy issues as they arise
- You have strong empathy for our members and strive to deepen your understanding of barriers as you work toward success
- You are an experienced people manager, and you take time to develop, coach, and build your team with meaningful development experiences
- You ensure successful operations-at-scale by partnering with local market leaders and can outline frameworks and reporting dashboards that provide appropriate levels of operational performance and visibility
- You partner well with analytics and reporting teams to identify KPIs and operational metrics that will inform and predict success
- You possess strong critical thinking and can evaluate potential pathways forward while identifying and weighing tradeoffs
- You are responsive to constructive feedback and aim to improve when go-to-market implementations need adjustments
- You help the company achieve a high and consistent standard for our operations, but you can appreciate the balance to enact tailored-market approaches as needed to meet local needs
- You can anticipate potential challenges and head them off early while applying a risk-based framework to understand when and how issues should be escalated to gain quick resolution
- You are a strong orator and written communicator, easily oscillating communication and messaging between our member-facing teams and the company’s senior leaders
How We Define Success:
- On-time, high-quality delivery of all projects in our portfolio
- Well-informed and highly-supported operational partners - we help them turn on new operations and they have what they need to be successful in running them
- Drive effective growth of the Member Services Operating Model voice throughout and around the company
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in all Program Design, Clinical Design, and Operations - we will be the node that connects them all
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, or Insurance service operations preferred
- Knowledge of Agile and PPRT(or similar project management tools)
- MBA/MPA preferred
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.