Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of Justworks People & Talent department, our Workplace team is charged with ensuring our physical infrastructure, space & amenities support a safe and productive work environment, amplify our culture and meet our growing, diverse needs. The Manager, Workplace will work closely with the Senior Manager, Workplace to oversee our daily facility operations i.e. corporate purchasing, kitchen/pantry, office moves/space planning, janitorial, as well as manage the front desk, Workplace Coordinators and external on-site contractors and/or temps all while ensuring that our operational practices help support a positive employee experience. This role will also assist the Senior Manager with implementation and ongoing management of Justworks’ Health & Safety.
What you'll do
- Oversee routine maintenance and repair for our office infrastructure (i.e. electrical, plumbing, and HVAC) to ensure optimal operating results
- Manage, track, and ensure completion of all facilities related requests
- Conduct daily walkthroughs and ensure office checklists are complete
- Oversee the upkeep of equipment and supplies
- Inspect office infrastructure to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Manage our access control system; CCTV i.e. assigning access cards, audits, liaise with vendor on maintenance; repair, monitor cameras and other alerts such as unauthorized badge access, etc.
- Review invoices for accuracy prior to submitting to accounting for payment
- Manage, provide guidance, mentorship and development of the Workplace staff (coordinators, front desk)
- Manage relationships with external vendors and supervise on-site, external contractors (e.g. janitorial staff, security personnel)
- Ensure proper processes and controls are in place to manage building operations activities such as parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs and manage and implement internal office moves
- Assist with the management of Justworks’ emergency action plan
- Lead initiatives related to fire safety including ensuring fire safety team is in place and following safety protocols, coordinating building fire drills with building, attending building fire safety meetings, etc.
- Coordinate Health & Safety initiatives as directed by Senior Manager i.e. CPR/First Aid Training, Active shooter, etc.
- Monitor compliance to policies and adherence to local laws
- Ad- hoc projects as needed
Who you are
- 4-Year College Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 Years in an Office Management or Facilities Management capacity
- At least two years managing people
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with acute attention to detail
- Organized and able to prioritize your workload to deliver on commitments
- Responsive and able to collaborate and build consensus across teams, departments and key stakeholders
- Resourceful with the ability to come up with creative solutions to problems and obstacles
- Thoughtful steward of Justworks’ time, money and reputation
- Passionate about culture and enhancing the employee experience
- No job too small, a can-do attitude
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.