It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an Office Coordinator to oversee administrative office duties of our NYC + remote offices. The Office Coordinator will be someone who is proactive, organized and who can connect the dots and anticipate needs. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and is willing to be a team player in an environment with lots of moving pieces. Staying calm under pressure and thinking quickly is key.
- Be the face of the office by greeting all office visitors and handling all internal deliveries
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchens and common office spaces
- Manage individual and office expense reconciliation + vendor management
- Plan events, from executive department-wide strategy off sites, to company and department social events (birthday’s, happy hours, etc.)
- Assist with employee recognition for accomplishments and milestones
- Facilitate internal communications as needed, and serve as the point of contact for both internal and external requests/questions
- Handle all office management duties, such as ordering supplies + equipment and weekly team lunch
- Assist with set up of new-hire swag bags and desk stations ordering IT equipment (computers, monitors, etc.) as needed
- Assist the HR team with other projects and reporting needs as requested
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
- You are curious and excited about pursuing a role in a high-growth tech company
- You are a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- You have exceptional discretion and are comfortable handling multiple tasks at once
- You are self-motivated and are able to manage and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-moving environment
- You are highly organized and detail oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- You have a BA (or equivalent work experience) and have experience supporting busy executives
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.