Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy's People Operations (POps) team is a collaborative and supportive team dedicated to creating the best experience for our employees. We’re seeking an Office Manager to be a face of Codecademy’s employee experience: culture, morale, safety, and well-being. Our ideal candidate has a passion for culture building, and is eager to support the team around them. This role is incredibly visible. Our office manager will own the day-to-day office operations for a growing company and will be the go-to person for employees, vendors and service providers. The ideal candidate is welcoming, friendly, full of positive energy, and excited to scale responsibilities as the team grows.WHAT YOU'LL DO
Return to Office
- Support the planning and execution of returning to the office by implementing new COVID policies and SOPs, emphasizing the health and safety of the office.
- Manage the overall experience and appearance of the office and ensure it runs seamlessly
- Ensure the lights are on, coffee is brewed and conference rooms are clean and ready to go for the day
- Manage all office ordering of supplies and food and ensure the kitchen is stocked each day
- Partner with Building Management to address facilities issues as needed
- Support employee engagement and wellness events
- Propose, plan, and coordinate office activities and events
- Manage employee recognition and gifting programs
People Ops Support
- Assist with onboarding new hires as our team grows substantially
- Be an advocate for our company culture
- Work on ad hoc projects that relate to Office improvements and employee engagement
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an Office Manager or related administrative role
- Well organized and very strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift minimum 30 pounds
- Proactive mindset, enabling you to recognize the needs of the office and employees prior to requests
- Experience managing office G&A budgets and the associated expenses
- Experience planning and coordinating large-scale team events
- Prior start-up experience