Purchasing Agent at Common
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Our Procurement team is looking for a detail oriented professional to purchase the FF&E for our growing network of homes. Beyond Common's FF&E procurement needs, the role will be innovative. The Purchasing Agent will optimize processes and reduce supplier costs. This role will report to our Senior Manager, Procurement + Supply Chain and is based in New York City.
- Purchase all FF&E for new homes and replacements for operational homes
- Develop, improve and execute purchasing strategies
- Manage product lead times, ensure project timelines are met and problem solve issues should they arise
- Track orders, deliveries and inventory to ensure FF&E has arrived
- Negotiate trading terms and discounts
- Manage and report on project budgets
- Analyze FF&E replacement costs and procurement expenses to identify trends and opportunities
- Approve payments and maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders and receipts
- And other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs
- 1-2 years minimum in a purchasing our buying position (experience using an ERP system a bonus, although not required)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail + resourceful problem solver
- Emotional Intelligence + strong interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.