Senior Application Support Engineer at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Customer Support
Our Customer Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they're progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Senior Application Support Engineer
Gemini is establishing itself as the industry leading exchange for institutional trading of digital assets. This is an opportunity to enter on the ground floor of a rapidly growing organization where you will have the ability to shape the future of providing technical support to our growing customer base.
You will be at the forefront of providing support to Gemini’s customer base and will work closely with our engineering teams on the continuous improvement of the Gemini platform. You are customer focused and have a track record of being an application support expert within the Financial Technology space. Building and configuring internal operational tools is something that you enjoy and excel in. You will leverage your experience to help Gemini bridge the gap between traditional Financial Service platforms and our world class digital asset exchange.
- Provide technical support services to Gemini’s institutional and retail customer base as well as partnered vendors, with a focus on Gemini APIs, network connectivity, and application support
- Investigate and precisely communicate application issue referencing appropriate logs to Gemini development teams
- Maintain and deploy API documentation, accounting for relevant engineering changes for all Gemini APIs
- Assist Retail support teams with operational tools to help the overall Support service at Gemini
- Clearly articulate issues to customers in a way that instills confidence and reliability
- Assist in the on-boarding and certification process of FIX and Web API customers
- Provide second level support to sales and business development teams
- Create and customize operational and monitoring tools to facilitate customer support operations
- BA/BS degree in technical or engineering concentration
- 3 years of experience in a Financial Trading Systems Support role
- Deep understanding of FIX protocol and underlying network connectivity approaches
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and writing well-formed queries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5 years of experience in a senior technical support role at an Exchange, OMS or other Financial Services Technology provider
- Highly skilled in identifying and solving FIX application issues
- Well versed in navigating systems, running commands from a Unix terminal, and measuring system performance
- Working knowledge of Python