Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Associate, Cybersecurity Governance
Gemini has an exciting opportunity for a Security GRC Associate/Senior Associate in its New York City office. The company seeks to identify a highly proactive and technical individual with proven talent in security process development, policy enforcement, and evidence collection automation. The successful candidate will work alongside the rest of the GRC team to ensure policies, procedures and guidelines align with regulatory requirements and security framework. This individual will work with other internal teams to align security goals and objectives with business stakeholders.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Associate Director of Cybersecurity Risk & Governance.
- Support Gemini in automating the evidence collection process for audits.
- Support Gemini compliance with NYSDFS Regulation 500.
- Automate the enforcement of security requirements to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Develop tooling to track the organization Cybersecurity Risk and Compliance status.
- Develop and implement strategies to audit internal security/cybersecurity controls.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to the team and leadership for additional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Understand, automate, and regulate internal Identity, Access, and Entitlements Management
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Two years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, auditors, and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
- Experience automating evidence and artifact collection for regulatory bodies
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.