Senior Associate, Operations at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Do you love to problem solve issues for customers? How would you like to be part of a fast growing team with the ability to learn and develop new skills?
We’re helping people by providing them world class benefits and claims processing. Our Life and Disability Insurance is a rapidly growing program at Justworks. Here you’ll have the opportunity to help manage the day-to-day operations, interface with our vendors, and help make a difference on how our programs operate.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Perform day-to-day operations for disability, life insurance, third party sick pay programs as part of Justworks Benefits Programs
- Work with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues - claims errors, enrollment issues, and program failures
- Triage incoming issues/inquiries to identify need for engineering intervention and escalate accordingly
- Collect customer benefits data and other sensitive information through proprietary systems to enroll customers in third party service offerings
- Develop resources and educate internal stakeholders on disability, life insurance, and third-party sick pay programs
- Coordinate system implementation of new benefits and report changes in systems/procedures across teams
- Maintain and execute regular filing and/or any additional regulatory duties
- Audit and maintain our claims process to achieve the highest level of customer service
- Maintain vendor and internal partner SLAs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Senior Associate, Operations how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail Oriented and Analytical
- Clear Communication and Good Judgement
- Claims, Life Insurance, Disability, and Third-Party Sick Pay Knowledge
- Mastery of Jira, Confluence, and Justworks (CSTools)
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience in operations
- Extremely detailed-oriented with great time management skills
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven and able to break down complex concepts to core details
- Tech Savviness: Excel experience or equivalent required; some SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar software
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Knowledge of claims processing or insurance operations a plus
- Knowledge of Life Insurance and Disability Benefits a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment