Senior Customer Insights Manager at Harry's Inc.
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face and body, shave gel, body lotion, and Mons Mist. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, and shave gel. Our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major beauty accolades like Allure’s Best in Beauty and Self’s Healthy Beauty awards.
We’re committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies and de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale and PERIOD.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and curious insights expert to lead consumer learning for our Flamingo brand and quickly translate business needs into knowledge that keeps us on the on the leading edge of women’s personal care. As a Senior Manager of Insights, you will represent the voice of our consumers and customers to inform business decisions and unlock growth opportunities across our marketing, DTC/retail, and innovation teams. You will be the expert on category consumers and the competitive market to identify and answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Flamingo customer (attitudes, behaviors, values) and emerging trends likely to influence their future habits
- Influence our insights strategy and build a learning roadmap to uncover deep insights, consumer pain points and unmet needs that strengthen our competitive advantage
- Partner with our brand marketing, innovation, and retail/DTC teams to identify and optimize brand initiatives, products, and communications that delight key segments throughout their omni-channel journey
- Translate business questions into clear research objectives and scope projects to deliver actionable learning with positive business impact. Execute and manage multiple primary market research projects simultaneously and deliver high impact results on agreed to timelines
- Effectively synthesize and communicate insights from all work to the brand team, external partners and senior management by distilling results to essential learning and recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Enhance insights processes and approaches to continuously strengthen the breadth and quality of our insights about our consumer and the category
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Insights thought leader – You are the go to when it comes to knowing exactly how to get deep and actionable learning about the consumer, and constantly evaluate approaches that could yield stronger learning
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends and consumer facts
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of building a learning plan and executing DIY research to unlock business growth and product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- You are comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience in brand, advertising, innovation, and category insights
- You have 6-8 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.