Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As the Senior Director of Clinical Experience, Skincare, you will be the Clinical representative on a cross-functional team that creates and optimizes the best-in-class digital clinical patient experience for skincare on our platform. You will work with product managers, designers, marketing professionals, and others to create the best, personalized skincare experience. You’ll use your medical knowledge, research skills, and understanding of skin physiology to harness the power of technology to help patients achieve their desired health outcomes. You will collaborate with stakeholders on other teams, including Medical Operations, Clinical Research, Quality & Safety, Growth, and Marketing to provide the safest, most enjoyable healthcare user experience.
Who are you? That's a great question. You have a background in clinical medicine, but you're not a traditional provider. You think outside the box. You understand the importance of caring for a patient’s skin as it relates to their overall health. You enjoy helping people with their skincare and reading up on all the latest trends. You embrace technology as a way to scale high-quality, personalized skincare and to do it on the patient’s terms—where and when they need it. You are a strong advocate for patient empowerment through education. You have experience working cross-functionally to provide patients with the best healthcare experience that also maximizes healthcare outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide the research and design of new patient-provider clinical encounters for skincare offered on Ro’s platforms (includes diagnostics, behavioral and pharmacologic interventions, and patient follow-up journey)
- Work with a cross-functional team to optimize clinical encounters for our skincare service line offered by Ro with a focus on efficacy and adherence.
- Think outside the box to deliver innovative, empathetic, virtual skincare at scale to people who need it, whenever and wherever they are
- Liaise regularly with leads from Medical Operations, Product, Quality and Safety, Growth, and directly with providers treating patients on the platform, to guide your team to optimize patient-provider interactions
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- MD or DO plus at least 7+ years of post-graduate training/patient care experience, industry experience, or a combination, NPs and PAs with dermatology or aesthetics experience will be considered
- A passion for skincare and creating personalized care for everyone
- An interest in teaching and cross-functional collaboration
- Strong knowledge and experience in dermatology and/or aesthetics required
- Experience working with product managers/designers is a bonus
- Strong empathy for patients and desire to build patient-centric experiences
- Strong literature search and communication skills, including writing
- Familiarity with interpreting and applying medical guidelines and understanding risk management concepts
- Appreciation of technology’s ability to reduce costs and increase access on a national scale
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.