Senior Manager, Care Delivery Services
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As a member of the Cityblock Clinical Delivery Services (CDS) Group, this Sr. Manager contributes to teams that span all functional areas and markets to build new operating model capabilities and serve our members' needs as the organization grows to serve more members, new partners and new geographies.
This individual will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to innovation, clinical programs, and operations improvement. This person learns quickly, takes initiative, owns large work streams, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members.
In this role, you will support Cityblock in successfully implementing large projects and your responsibilities, among others, will include work stream and project management, work plan design, workgroup facilitation, and stakeholder engagement. The focus of these projects will span the entire organization, from new market launch to new clinical programs development to core operations performance improvement. It is an opportunity to learn the Cityblock operating model from the ground up and contribute to building a leading clinical model that delivers excellent health outcomes and high quality and lower cost.
If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Play a major role in executing a variety of programs and projects, which may include:
- Launch and coordinate a new or existing Cityblock partner in a new market
- Develop innovative and new clinical model capabilities (e.g., new digital care management programs)
- Lead projects to improve core operations performance (e.g., call centers, UM function, reporting dashboards, workflow analysis)
- Assist with writing operations policy and workflows, including leading tests of change and optimization over time
- Learn and adopt LEAN, design thinking principles, workflow analysis, and "voice of the member" to identify opportunities to drive greater operating efficiencies, clinical effectiveness and member experience
- Create content, processes and documentation for internal and external audiences such as, for example, playbooks, white papers, or conference presentations
- Develop and test collateral for onboarding and training, outreach, education, and reporting for members, providers, and partners
- Coordinate and facilitate workgroup meetings across a variety of disciplines aimed at advancing and tracking progress on key deliverables
- Collect and analyze data in support of key project deliverables
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of cross-functional operational and analytical experience
- You're a self-starter; enjoys doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- You are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented, systems-level mindset
- You have strong data retrieval (SQL), analytics and presentation skills required
- You have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- You thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- You have exceptional oral and written communications skills
How we define success:
- Measured impact of completed projects on the company’s key performance indicators and goals. Examples include:
- Building business case, designing the operations, implementing and measuring the impact of centralizing care coordination across markets.
- Identifying common opportunities total cost of care savings and working cross functionally with medical team to drive measurable improvements to the clinical model.
- Partnering with Product to build or buy a network analytics solution focused on identifying high quality, low cost community providers.
Nice to have:
- Similar project/program management experience within consulting, private equity, innovative care delivery organization, or high growth, tech-enabled medical group or health system
- Experience in a high growth technology company or high growth healthcare company
- Business Development and Partnerships experience
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH, MS)
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.