Landis is a real estate tech startup on a mission to make homeownership attainable for millions of Americans across the country.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a mortgage rockstar to join our team and help our clients achieve their homeownership goals. The role will primarily entail understanding where clients are on their mortgage journey and helping them move forward. You will also help us grow the team and put in place technology and processes to scale our operations.
- Communicating with clients to understand their goals and their fit for our homeownership program
- Communicating with clients to guide them through the application process and to gather required documentation
- Reviewing and approving clients for the program
- Coaching and guiding clients towards homeownership, becoming their trusted advisor
- Brainstorming creative ways to scale the company and improve our processes
- Having fun while learning in a dynamic environment!
- Passionate about our mission to change homeownership in America
- Self-starter with the discipline, dedication and motivation to work hard in a start-up environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Pride in quality, precision and productivity
- Excited to work closely with your co-workers!
Experience and Education:
- Minimum two years of mortgage underwriting experience, extremely familiar with mortgage requirements (including FHA, VA, USDA, and criteria like DTI, seasoning, etc.)
- Great understanding of the art of mortgage underwriting
- You can read and understand credit reports and applications in your sleep
- Fluent in English and very comfortable speaking to customers on the phone, by text and by email
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Good organizational skills, tech-savvy
- Experience in a sales or customer service role preferred
- Spanish speaking would be a plus
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in New York once safe to re-open the office (no earlier than Fall)