Senior Network Engineer at DoubleVerify
Our systems serve billions of requests per day and move terabytes of BI data daily. In this role you will dive deep into planning, implementing, and supporting a robust network topology that is always on. We have network equipment from Cisco, Juniper and F5. You will have to balance innovative home-grown solutions to deal with the traffic, as well as a certain amount of legacy network to upgrade and migrate from. We have 6+ data centers managing about 100 GB of traffic. You should have knowledge and understanding of SDN and ability to script and automate tasks. You will be rewarded for creativity in planning and resolving operational and architectural challenges.
- Design Network solutions for new applications, services and sites.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire network stack: ISPs, Routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, applications.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services
- 6+ years’ experience with Cisco routers and switches, including Nexus 2k-9k
- ACI experience is required
- Data center architecture - deep knowledge and ability to manage, design and operate network equipment and data lines. We create data center POPs all over the world, you are expected to take a pivotal role in planning intra and inter communication.
- Expert understanding in mitigating network risks using firewalls and careful planning. We use Juniper and Cisco firewalls.
- Deep knowledge in WAN and LAN system design, in a multi sited, hybrid cloud environment.
- BGP wizard. Anycast is an upcoming project.
- Knowledge in virtual environment switching. Working experience with infrastructure automation.
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and Load balancer experience
- Experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures. Hands on experience with Kubernetes/containers networking.
- Track record of successful practical problem solving.
- CCNP certification preferred or equivalent
- Layer 1-3 route and switch experience and experience building complex network systems
- High, low latency and very low latency experience