Senior Program Manager: Hatch for Startups
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about working across the global startup ecosystem to help power growth and innovation through community and technology
Hatch is our global program that helps entrepreneurs launch and scale their businesses in the cloud. We are looking for an action-oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter to join and lead the existing Hatch team to help scale the program globally. You will directly lead a team of two talented marketers and work very closely and collaboratively with team members in customer support & success, developer relations, and regional go-to-market teams. Your business savvy will help shape and drive execution of a plan to continue to scale the Hatch program through identification and testing of new opportunities at every stage of the partner & startup customer lifecycle. Your excellent relationship skills will help you forge and deepen relationships with VCs, accelerators, incubators and other startup-enabling organizations to help educate them on what makes DigitalOcean the developer cloud of choice for powering digital ignition.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Program management: Set/update the program strategy to enhance market differentiation and consideration, set and drive toward goals, align cross-functional team-members and stakeholders, use data to make the case for new investment opportunities, analyze results and course-correct as needed
- Partnership development: Recruit and onboard new strategic partners; educate and develop them into advocates in order to gain market share within their startup portfolios
- Marketing and startup engagement: Help guide strategy and execution of activities ranging across live and virtual events (our own and 3rd party-produced), webinars, lifecycle communications, sponsorships, advertising, community management, content development, customer stories, tooling, and more that drive toward increasing stickiness, “graduation” retention and generally maximizing the value that startups can realize on our platform
- Trying new things: Think big, develop hypotheses, take risks, measure results - you are the entrepreneur leading this program!
- Coaching: Manage and mentor a small yet growing team of two marketers, and help guide other cross-functional Hatch teammates
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ownership of the Hatch program: Experience developing strategy and executing on a global program to drive engagement and profitable growth
- Deep knowledge of the startup ecosystem: You are familiar with the landscape that entrepreneurs must navigate in the process of building and scaling their companies. You can identify the various players in the startup game -- investors, mentors, and advisors; partners, customers, and acquirers; individuals and organizations; etc., and you understand their respective roles and how they all relate to one another within the ecosystem.
- Relationship builder: Whether externally with VCs, accelerators and other startup-enabling partners, directly engaging with founders and other startup leaders, or working cross-functionally with a diverse team, you know how to build consensus and create win-win outcomes
- Strategic thinker and tactical collaborator: Ability to lead, directly and indirectly, a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team to rally around the vision and goals, while at the same time not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and help get the job done
- Strong technical background: You have strong familiarity with cloud infrastructure, maybe having worked as a developer, written code as a hobby, or figured out the technical backbone while creating your own company
- Bonus points if you’ve been a founder or entrepreneur: Your level of empathy and credibility having “walked the walk” will make you stand out and be more successful
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!