Sr. Director of Logistics Operations at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,700 retailers and more than 1,800 brands across 27 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
LeafLink’s Shipping and Delivery Experience team is seeking Senior Director, Logistics Operations. In this role, you will be a critical contributor to define a scalable supply chain strategy for the fragmented cannabis industry. As the Sr. Director, Logistics Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the success of strategic enterprise relationships across regional and national operators.
Working alongside executive leadership, you will develop localized operating strategies that are unique to the local market dynamics including: the operational partner, LeafLink’s influence in the market, and the underlying operating structure of the local industry. Once defined it will be your responsibility to work alongside the Operations and Sales team to bring your operation to life. The breadth of this role requires that you have the ability to both execute on the executive team’s strategy while also ensuring that the organization is constantly innovating on behalf of our Customers to improve the industry’s supply chain.Who You Are
- Have an innate ability to distinguish between one-way and two-way doors allowing you to move fast when an opportunity arises and be very diligent and deliberate when required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You are a relationship driven professional with above average empathy allowing you to understand our partners motivations and pains.
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Partner with Logistics leadership and executive team to evaluate, recommend and operationalize strategic logistics operating partners
- Work alongside key members of the executive team as well as regional leadership to define and implement the logistics operating model necessary to successfully launch LeafLink’s solutions in new markets
- Oversee the successful implementation and day to day execution of LeafLink’s logistics solutions across each of its operating markets
- Partner with sales, P/E, compliance, and operational leadership to identify, recommend and implement operational policies necessary to streamline operational decision making and mitigate risk to the organization
- Work alongside strategic partners to develop and implement operational processes that cost effectively meet LeafLink’s best-in-class delivery experience standards
- 10-15 years of experience in Supply Chain and Logistics Operations paired with a strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- A natural inclination to influence and earn trust across teams operating within a matrixed organization to accomplish strategic goals
- Proven track record of working alongside strategic partners
- Strong analytical skill set with experience in using data to drive decisions
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate both upwards to leadership as well as to operational partners
- Highly motivated, high energy self-starter
- Background in marketplace dynamics preferred
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.