At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At MSK, we are on a multi-year journey to transform all aspects of the cancer care industry. We are driving forward with innovative ideas and the development of leading-edge digital offerings. To support this effort, we are seeking an experienced, passionate, and creative Supply Chain Leader to join us as IT Strategic Sourcing Specialist, in our Digital Informatics & Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization.
Your role will be crucial in implementing and driving supply chain strategies for all IT products and services utilized throughout MSK, enabling best in class cancer research, clinical care, and education across the enterprise. This is a significant responsibility which includes up to and over $250m+ in annual expenditures across 250+ suppliers.
In addition to building an IT Strategic Sourcing organization, you will help support, develop and implement the Vendor Lifecycle Management processes and oversee the IT Contracts function. In this capacity, you will interface and influence key internal DigITs technology stakeholders as well as external stakeholders, including the corporate procurement team, the Office of General Counsel, and the Compliance and Privacy office. To succeed you will be expected to operationalize people, processes, and technology to deliver an IT Supply Chain that hits target-established bottom line annual savings, that reduces risk, and that ensures an efficient, high quality, and metrics-driven operation. This position reports to the Director of Strategic IT Sourcing.
- Be apart of a highly functional and effective IT Strategic Sourcing organization.
- Knowledge of IT Vendor Lifecycle Management process.
- Collaborate with DigITs senior leadership to define, implement and manage an annual sourcing plan that results in target-established annual savings.
- Partner with Corporate Supply Chain to align on go-to-market strategies, common metrics for tracking savings, and cross-organizational initiatives.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities via comprehensive spend analysis, expiring contracts, and business planning sessions with stakeholders.
- Monitor existing vendors for performance, contract compliance, and transparency throughout the relationship.
- Develop vendor score cards.
- Lead/coordinate quarterly business reviews with Key Strategic Vendors.
- Establish strategies to ensure MSK is a customer of choice for Key Strategic Vendors and establishes a deep, mutually beneficial relationship. Work with business stakeholders to ensure strategies get implemented.
- Lead complex supplier negotiations of significant value and importance, including working with internal clients to develop strategies for negotiating business and technical terms and conditions.
- Ensure that IT contracts are clear, correct, comprehensive, and represent MSK’s interests. Escalate complex legal issues to attorneys and assist in resolution.
- Ensure that vendor risk is appropriately managed.
- Manage the IT contract lifecycle within the Vendor Lifecycle Management framework.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 6-8+ years of experience in a role requiring strategic and operational focus on strategic sourcing
- 3-5+ years of direct technology sourcing experience
- Direct experience in customer relationship management and/or supplier relationship management within the health care industry.
- Progressive team leadership exposure throughout career
- Knowledge of SAFe or agile methodologies a bonus
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.