Strategic Operations Lead
Paxos' mission is to modernize finance by mobilizing assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to gold to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. (Check out our Twitter feed for the latest news and information.)
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars and offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Strategic Operations Lead to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. The Strategic Operations Lead will help support firm-wide business operations and strategic infrastructure development for Paxos globally. The role will be a unique blend of both developing and delivering best in class business operations including asset settlement, reconciliation, analytical reporting and customer interaction.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-6 years of professional experience under your belt and have spent at least 1 year leading a team
- You are comfortable working in a tech-driven environment and are able to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Marketing, People, and Strategic Initiatives)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You embody our culture and values
- You have the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing priorities and demands
- You like to help people. You have a passion for creating great customer experiences and know how to leave a lasting and positive impression
- You can turn customer reported challenges and opportunities into a backlog of projects that you execute on.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, mentor, and lead staff, providing guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop team members
- Define project milestones in a daily stand-up, weekly sprint planning style
- You will actively engage with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues using technology and automation.
- You will build a nimble infrastructure that can support an expanding innovative product base. Additionally, we’re seeking someone who can execute all workflows for speed and accurate delivery while participating in strategic reengineering, audit, risk, and new business initiatives.
- You will partner cross-functionally with fellow employees throughout the company to build scale and promote risk mitigation policy.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.