Strategic Partnerships & Operations Manager
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model and using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with incubators, innovative digital health companies, data companies, and pharma/biotech to create an innovative model to run studies faster and more efficiently.Job Description
As a Manager in Strategic Partnerships/Strategic Operations, you are interested in identifying and growing ways to create a step-change in our business. You are creative and solution-oriented and excited to work with stakeholders across the life sciences ecosystem to expand our business. Specifically, you will work to identify new opportunities in the life sciences (e.g., incubators, etc), structure opportunities for partnerships and initiate and grow such opportunities. You will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure all partnerships have input and support across the organization.
What successful behaviors look like:
- Experience in the life sciences, with familiarity of stakeholder needs (research to financial)
- Experience with client management and engagement. Background in consulting or finance preferred.
- Ability to engage and work cross-functionally. You know how to work across functions and how to solve problems. You’re low-ego, high-output, and let your work speak for itself.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. You know how to develop a story, put together a deck, and nail the presentation. Your written communications are concise and effective.
- Quantitative and data skills. You are comfortable in Excel and can think fluently about financial structures, data, and can develop models.
- Solution-oriented. You can quickly identify critical issues, develop and execute on a plan. You don’t hesitate to get into the weeds, and roll up your sleeves to make things happen wherever necessary.
- An earnest desire to improve the way clinical trials are run and to bring new treatments to patients in need.
Ideally you have:
- 4 years of professional experience in life sciences, client-facing roles, including consulting, business development, and/or finance. You have led conversations and engagements with external leadership.
- Comfort in basic scientific/clinical assessments (with expert support), as well as in financial analyses
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Low ego, high conviction: strong self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity yet drives towards clarity
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.