Supplier Manager at Resident
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:29 p.m. (EST) on Monday, July 6, 2020
Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
About the Role:
Individuals will be responsible for day to day management of key supplier(s). Candidate will be the primary interface with the operational teams at key supplier(s).
This is a remote position that requires travel to and work from supplier facilities. Holidays are peak times for our business and work may be required. This position requires travel to all US time zones, it is preferred the candidates will be located in the Eastern US.
What You'll Be Doing
- Management of key interface operationally with the supplier(s)
- Assist all members of the Resident team in getting information and problems solved
- Track performance of the Supplier against key metrics (ie. build plan attainment, shipping attainment, Order Cycle time, Cost and Quality)
- Facilitate Meetings with Management of Key members of the Resident team with the Supplier Team including Product Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Order management, etc.
- During Peak Times, be on the ground at suppliers to drive production and shipping performance and allocation if appropriate.
- Liason between the suppliers and the Resident team on key decisions and issues
- Gain strong understanding of supplier processes and make recommendations on issues and improvement
- Validate Capacity for key processes at key suppliers
- Interface with IT teams at both Resident and Supplier on systems implementation and improvements
- Adhere to Resident Supplier management practices.
- Support the delivery of accurate and timely metrics to the business demonstrating operational performance
- Adhere to Confidentiality agreements of Resident with your supplier(s) and other suppliers
- Travel to Supplier facilities to learn and lead projects to improve processes and understanding, facilitate and attend meetings, define systemic data infrastructures and measurements, and audit product production and distribution compliance
- 5+ years Supply Chain Experience (Sourcing, Manufacturing, Logistics) for retail and e-commerce product distribution
- Strong experience with Google Suite (especially Sheets)
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up e-commerce environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate and take on other projects
- Experience with order management, manufacturing, and distribution processes
- Understanding of EDI/API interfaces between Resident and Suppliers in order to identify and manage pain points and trends
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently & within a decentralized team
- Strong attention to detail & organization skills
Read Full Job Description